Career in Hotel Management
- India Shining and so is the Hospitality sector (Hotels, Tourism, Retail & Events)
- More than 1,0000 new Hotels, Lodges, Guest houses and Resorts are coming up in the next 2 years
- More than 3 lakh professionals required to manage these upcoming hotels, etc.
- Government developing & promoting Tourism both for domestic & inbound travellers
- India gearing up for hosting mega events
- The diversity of experience in Hotel Management is greater than any other profession. Hotel industry involves combination of various skills like:
- Hotel Management
- Food & Beverage Service
- Housekeeping & Facilities
- Front Office Operation & Customer Relationship
- Sales and Marketing
- Human Resource & Training
- Huge potential for young entrepreneurs to set up their own venture – budget hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, retail stores etc.
Career Path in Hospitality
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Accommodation manager.
- Catering manager.
- Conference centre manager.
- Event manager.
- Fast food restaurant manager.
- Hotel manager.
- Public house manager.
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Air cabin crew
- Customer service manager
- Human resources officer
- Marketing executive
- Retail manager
- Tour manager
- Tourism officer
Remember that many employers accept applications from graduates with any degree subject, so don't restrict your thinking to the jobs.
Take a few minutes to answer the Job Match quiz and find out what careers would suit you Skills for your CV A hospitality management degree provides you with an in-depth understanding of the structure and operation of the hospitality sector and related industries.
You develop skills and knowledge in people management, service delivery, leadership, finance and marketing, as well as identifying, understanding and responding to the needs of clients. You can also choose modules that further your career interests in, for example, conferences and events.
You also develop a range of other skills that are valued by employers.
Typical employers include:
- Bars and Pubs
- Conference and Exhibition Centres
- Events Venues
- Hotel Chains
- Restaurants and fast-food outlets.
Career Path in Hotels